Prof. Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Singh, Ph.D
Department of Bioinformatics
Room No: 403,4th Floor,Science Campus
Karaikudi – 630004.
Contact Phone Office : (+91) 4565 223342, (+91) 9894429800
Fax : +91 4565 225202
Contact e-mail : email@example.com
About RUSA Coordinator
Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Singh is presently working as Professor at Department of Bioinformatics, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu India. He received his Ph.D. in Applied Chemistry from CJSM University, Kanpur in 2004. He holds several positions in different capacities within the University, Before joining to Alagappa University, he has served as a Scientist in Pharmaco-informatics division at National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) (A prestigious institution under Ministry of Chemical and Fertilizers, Govt. of India) at Mohali, Punjab followed by Assistant professor at Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics, Madurai Kamaraj University. Before joining as RUSA Coordinator, he has served as RUSA Deputy Coordinator, Special Officer for Projects and funding’s. Currently, He has honored with Biotech Research Society, India (BRSI) Fellow Award – 2018 from the Biotech Research Society, India for his outstanding contribution in the area of Structural Bioinformatics and Computer Aided Drug Design. Also, he has honored with Senior Scientist Award-2017 from the Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy (ABAP) for his immense contribution in the field of Computational Drug Discovery and development of novel inhibitors for treating for HIV/AIDS, and ICMR Lala Ram Chand Kandhari Award – 2014 from ICMR, New Delhi for outstanding contribution in the area of Sexually Transmitted Diseases. With this, he is serving as Secretary General of "Bioinformatics and Drug Discovery Society" (BIDDS) and notable an elected member (MNASc) of The National Academy of Sciences, Allahabad, India. He is also a member of several scientific societies and academic bodies. He has research experience of Seventeen years in research/teaching and has published around more than 120 international and national research article/review/book chapters in the field of Computer Aided Drug Design and Discovery in peer-reviewed journals with high impact factor and Scopus indexed.
- Coordinating the entire Activities of the RUSA 2.0.
- To make strong and well balanced relation of the University with all funding.
- Improve the ranking of University as per the requirement of RUSA scheme.
- Initiating and enabling research and innovations atmosphere in the University under RUSA scheme.
- Coordinating all the proposed construction work under RUSA 2.0.
- Coordinating the purchase of equipment’s work under RUSA 2.0.
Awards and Honours
Biotech Research Society, India (BRSI) Fellow Award – 2018 from the Biotech Research Society, India for his outstanding contribution in the area of Structural Bioinformatics and Computer Aided Drug Design.
- Nodal Officer for Niti Aayog – Grant in aid schemes for CSOs/NGOs/VOs in State Government at Alagappa University.
- "Dr. P. Daisy Oration Award-2017" from the Department of Zoology, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Holy cross College, Tiruchirapalli for outstanding contribution in the life threatening diseases like Cancer and HIV.
- “Senior Scientist Award-2017” from the Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy (ABAP) for immense contribution in the field of Computational Drug Discovery and development of novel inhibitors for treating for HIV/AIDS.
- Special Officer (Projects) at Alagappa University from Dec 2017 – Jan 2019.
- Deputy Coordinator for Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) at Alagappa University.
- Special Officer (For Funding Agencies) at Alagappa University (Sep. - Dec., 2017).
- Elected as MNASc (Member, The National Academy of Sciences, Allahabad, India) in, May 2017.
- Secretary General – Bioinforamtics and Drug Discovery Society (BIDDS), Feb.,2017.
- Coordinator of “Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat” at Alagappa University for Scheme initiated by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development (Govt. of India).
- Deputy Coordinator, DST-FIST Program (Level-I) (2017) at Department of Bioinformatics, Alagappa University.
- “ICMR Lala Ram Chand Kandhari Award” for his outstanding contribution in research works on Sexually Transmitted Diseases entitled “In silico studies on HIV-1 Integrase and Protease to find potent inhibitors”. (2014)
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Travel Award: To present paper in “Albany 2015: The 19th Conversation” held at Department of Chemistry, University at Albany, New York, USA
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Travel Award: To present paper in ECCB-12 at Basel, Switzerland (2012).
- Department of Science and Technology (DST) Travel Award: To present paper in “Albany 2011: 17th Conversation” at University of Albany, USA (2011).
- DST Fast Track grant for Young Scientist-2010 in Chemical Science.
- Department of Biotechnology (DBT) Travel Award: To present a paper in IDDST-2007 in Xian, China (2007).
Membership in Editorial Boards
- Editorial Board member of Journal of AIDS and HIV Infection (JAHI), 2017.
- Editorial board member of Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology (JMB) for the period of 1st April, 2016 to 31st March, 2019 (3 years)
- Guest Editor of 4th issue entitled ‘Computer Aided Drug Design’ of BIOBYTES, Open Access Newsletter of Biotechnology Information System (BTIS), Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India.
- Guest Editor, Medicinal Chemistry, Bentham Science Publishers.
Membership in Scientific Societies
- Life Member of “Protein Society (PS)”
- Life Member of “Bioinformatics and Drug Discovery Society (BIDDS)”
- Life Member of “The Biotech Research Society(BRSI)”
- Life Member of “The National Academy of Sciences (NASI)”
- Life Member of “Society for Biological Chemist (SBC)”
- Life Member of “Indian Biophysical Society (IBS)”
- Life Member of “The Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA)”.
- Life Member of “Society for Biotechnology (India)”.
Membership in Advisory Boards and Academic Bodies
- Member of ‘Trends on Theoretical Chemistry’ Biannual Conference.
- Member of Board of Studies in Bioinformatics –UG/PG of Periyar University, Salem, 2016.
- Chairman of the University Rank Examination Question Paper Setting for M.Sc. Bioinformatics, Bharthidasan University, Trichy, Tamilnadu(2016).
- Member of Board of Central Evaluation in Bioinformatics, Pondicherry University in April 2009.
- External Member of programme Committee in Bioinformatics at Pondicherry University during Nov. 2010.
- Member Board of Studies of UGC Innovative programme on “Structural Pharmacogenomics”
- Member of Board of Studies of Bioinformatics, Alagappa University, Karaikudi from Nov 2010 to Nov, 2013.
- Member of board of Studies in Advance diploma in Molecular Modeling sponsored by DBT, New Delhi, Lady Dock College, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai.